Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Class Reflection

    When I first got into this class I didn't know what to expect out of it, and I had never heard of Multimedia Literature before in my life. As the year went on I began to realize that multimedia literature is many things. Multimedia literature is a way to appeal and even interact with your audience. Throughout the year we learned many different multimedia techniques used by many different people such as interactive stories, sound effects, and visual motifs. As I said before, when I first got into this class I did not know what to make of it, but now as the end of the semester is coming closer I have formed a greater appreciation for and a deeper understanding knowledge of multimedia literature. After taking this class I now know how to create a hyper link, create and function my very own website, and how to create a compelling story using different sensory techniques. 

    Before taking this class I would have said that I was a pretty good writer, but a less knowledgable creator. Our first task of the year was creating our own website. Although it was fairly easy, beforehand I had no clue how to make a website. We then dove into different forms of multimedia literature such as postcards and radio broadcasts. The Postcard Lab taught us how to use images to give the text a deeper meaning and the Sound Lab presented a way to use sounds to capture an audiences attention. We also had assignments like the Correspondence Lab and Comic lab that allowed us to create our own stories by using different forms of literature. Each and every one of these assignments challenged my creative abilities and after each one of those projects I felt like I had become more and more creative. 

    There were a lot of fun assignments we did this year, but I think my favorite one was reading Fahrenheit 451 and creating our own comic. Yes, one of the reasons why I enjoyed it so much was because it was a graphic novel and not a boring, regular novel, but that is not the only reason I found this assignment very interesting. I also really enjoyed the story. It was an interesting interpretation of what the future may be like. I really liked how the pictures on each page gave me a better sense of what was happening in the story. And after reading the story, I have come to realize that books and other written accounts of history are very important to our world. It was also fun to create our own comic as a little twist off after reading the graphic novel. My second favorite assignment was creating our class project. It was fun to get together with my classmates and create our own type of multimedia literature story. And it was surprising to me, but I also thought the William Blake poems were also very interesting. The poems were sometime difficult to interpret, but I thought it was a fascinating read. I am very glad I was able to take this fun and interactive class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Reflection

     When I first got into this class I didn't know what to expect out of it, and I had never heard of Multimedia Literature before in m...